Saturday, August 25, 2007

How was your weekend? - Part II

10 Sha'ban 1428
Salam

I Woke up to the sound of cockerel from my communicator at 5.45am. I picked it up and dialed the bus driver's number but failed to reach him. I took my shower and ready for prayer. After the prayer, I tried his number again only to be told that he is already in Kajang and won't come back to Putrajaya just for my parcels. Left me with no other option but to drive to Hentian Kajang and grab the boxes on my own.

I was already in the car when Laili appear at the main door and requested to join me. That was two for the road. Hentian Kajang is the place I am familiar with. The bus driver was waiting for us with the boxes when I arrived. He even help me with the boxes into the car trunk.

On my way back, I stopped at CCP16 to pack some breakfast but all stalls are closed. One owner suggested to me to wait while he get all his things set up in 15 or 20 minutes. Well... 15 minutes is a long time to wait for breakfast.. to me at least. I head home and decided to watch the news of TV.
It was almost nine when Laila woke me up. Her coloring contest start at 9am she remained me. She seems to be ready to go and told me so did her sister and brother. I went to bathroom and wash my face.
"Ayah tak mandi ke?" Laila asked me when I am out.
"No, pumpkin. I already had one earlier this morning." I replied. "and you are in a hurry, aren'tyou?" Laila did not reply and walked downstairs to our car. Laili and Luqman followed with all their weapon (color pencils and other stationery).
Reached CCP16 in a flash but finding parking space another story. I let the kids out first when I saw a man already do the demo in front of the crowd. My instruction was to find the registration table and get sign up. When I finally managed to park my car properly, I joined the the crowd and found out that the contest will only start at 11am. We sat and enjoyed the fried bee hon packed by the organizer for us.
I received a call from a male friend of mine because another (female) friend of mine wanted to talk to me. This female friend wanted to see me as she has a very important matter to discuss. Since she refused to discuss the matter over the phone and her location is quite a distance away, I suggested to her to discuss the matter with my (hers as well) male friend and let me share the information later when he is in town. She agreed to that and the conversation was ended soon after that.
By 11am, the kids had to be separated by group. Luqman in C category 10 to 12. Laila in B category 7 to 9. Laili in A category 4 to 6. I had to stay with Laili. They were given an hour to finish the coloring process. Laili only used 50 minutes and requested to stop. Too tired she said. It is fine with me. She did color the whole drawing anyway. But of course 10 minutes will improve her coloring a lot. I did not asked her to continue. It is just a coloring contest.
An hour went by and the organizer started the luckydraw. None of us won anything from the draw. After the draw, the result was announced and Laili won the 4th place in her category. She is so happy winning RM40. She never won any before this. Usually, Laila is the one who is good at coloring.
My original plan was to go to my office and continue with my long outstanding works. It was changed to going back home for my father in law just arrived from his trip to Syria. He is coming to my place to pickup something his son left for him 2 days ago.
We were only 5 minutes ahead of him. He had his friends with him. My place was a mess but that is no good reason to deny guests. Anyway... these guests were also in a hurry. They only stay for a few minute and insisted to make a move beside my offer to prepare some drink.
Not long after that, my nephew was at the front yard. He came for the fruits his grandfather sent (the boxes I picked up earlier in the morning) last night. I gave him a plastic bag and asked him to take his share. At the same time, I call my sister and brother telling them to come before 5.30 pm for I have to send my father in law to the airport. My brother can't make it and ask my sister to take his share for him.
By 5 pm, my sister and her family show up and I gave everything after I took my share. They didn't stay for long as well. They rushed back for they already have prior arrangement. At about 6pm, we shoot to KLIA. Reached the place half an hour later. Still plenty of time for my inlaw to catch his flight at 7.50pm to KT. No waitingfrom me though. I had to run again as my wife was onthe back from Melaka and she may not has the key withher.
I was home well before Maghreb time but my wife reached home at almost isyak. Again, a light dinner settled us for the night. The kids were ready to goto bed at 10pm when they heard the sound of the fireworks. All of them jumped out of the bed and came down to me. I got the message and hurriedly to the car and off we went to the very same spot as last night. We caught slightly more than a minutes show only. By10.10pm the show was over. The kids a little disappointed.
"Not to worry." my wife said. "There will be a few more shows in the next 2 weeks" trying to put the frustration away and it worked just enough to get them ready for bed again.
Ramli AR

3 comments:

ainizakri said...

ramli

amboi..tentu seronok kan anak-anak dgn ayah...tapi kaalu ada mak dia..tentu laili tu comel ditocangkan mak dia...kekekekeke

ainizakri said...

Ehem....bila nak ada cerita baru ni...dok buka yg sama aje..kekekeke . Business sibuk nampak gayanya

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!