Monday, June 25, 2007

Ham burger anyone?

9 Jamadil Akhir 1428
Salam

These are among my English teacher. Pn Noriah, Ms Susan Watchman and Mr Roderick (The spelling may not be correct) Bear. Yes... 2 Australians within 5 years. Yet my English is at this level.
Now that I mentioned Mr Bear (not Bean), I have to tell a story. The year 1984 - form 4 (Helium 4). We were divided into group of 3. The assignment was to write a script and act. In my group were Aziz and one more person (I can't recall who).
Aziz told me to write the script and will be exempted from presentation (acting). Scenario given was conversation at the dinner table in a restaurant.
As agreed, I wrote the script. A simple dialog between a customer and the waiter. Started with the greeting and ordering and ended with the delivery of the order. very simple I would say again.
During the presentation, it turn out to be very funny. Our classmates laughed like crazy. Of course I laugh too. But actually, I don't have a clue... what is so funny? Why is everybody is laughing? ... and I laugh too. Just play along... go with the flow.
After the whole episode, Aziz came to me and asked me... Ramli, ham burger to burger babi eee? I looked at him and tried very hard to pretend that I knew what ham burger is and laughed at him again. The truth is, I just got the word from the cartoon series 'Popeye the Sailor'. There is one character (the name did not pop out at the moment)who love ham burger very much.
I do not know how Aziz felt at that time. But if the word 'bengang' describe it best, then I am sorry for I never did apologized to him.
But now... I see the word ham used in chicken, turkey etc. Maybe, ham is not necessarily 'babi' after all.

Ramli AR

1 comment:

ainizakri said...

Ramli

Sini memang kalau ham tu sah sah ada babi. Orang jepun panggil babi - buta. butaniku ( daging babi) . Kalau chicken ham tu..rasanya chicken yg bercampur dgn babi ..kadang tu dia campur lemak babi aje...

agaknye lee...kata ban le.ban kan ke pandai omputeh,he hehe